Pages

7.21.2008

Things I learned today

1) There are 23 bones in the human hand and 26 in the human foot.

2) The human body has 600 muscles.

3) The average length of the small intestine is 10 feet.

4) Your skin is the heaviest organ in your body.

5) Science is freakin' cool.

I took a vacation day today and had a "Mommy and Me" day with my mom. We went out to lunch at this restaurant called Chalk, followed by the "Bodies" exhibit at Cincinnati Museum Center. It was nice to spend some time just hanging out with her, especially since the pace of my life has been so busy lately and shows no signs of slowing down.

-------------Weekend Recap--------------

Friday: Drinks at Mulligan's with "Teach" followed by a party at Volleyball Joel's, where we played cornhole and just sat around bullshitting. Later met up with my friend TJ, whose company I am beginning to enjoy more and more as he lets me see behind the tough exterior.

Saturday: Date night with myself, followed by an interesting and lengthy conversation with The Ex (S). He hooked up with someone else. He called her by my name. Point for me. We actually had a really great conversation, he knows what is behind his fear of commitment and it sounds like he is really trying to embrace an understanding of himself and how he affects other people. Point for him.

Sunday: Felt GROSS - sore throat, congested, tired, weak. Popped Halls like candy and made it through the day.

-----------------Up Next-----------------

Tomorrow: Drinks with the girls at The Rusty Bucket to celebrate Anna's new job.
Wednesday: Happy hour and charity auction
Thursday: More sand volleyball with the "Beaters" crew - Joel, Joey, Scott, Megan, Megan #2, Kelli and Coach Jen.

2 comments:

  1. what is cornhole? no one will ever answer me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a yard game, great for parties, BBQ's, etc. i can't remember which one it is specifically... but it might be beanbags or the horse shoe-esque game with the golf balls or something like that.

    ReplyDelete