Pages

7.13.2008

Weekend Recap

Brian often recaps his weekends, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. I give you my Weekend Recap for your reading pleasure.



Friday: Date with myself

I picked up some Chipotle, got a six pack of beer and STAYED IN. Caught up on TV, talked for a little while to Mr. Marvelous and had a great night.



Saturday: Cookout at Megan's

Beer, hot dogs, Mexican dip, Jell-O, cornhole, good tunes and good friends... what could be better? The weather was unbearably hot, but the rain held off until late. My friend TJ and I went up to the bar down the street and did a couple of Irish Car Bombs. I smoked him, per usual. (The Irish Car Bomb is one of my favorite drinks ever, and I have an inhuman ability to chug 'em down.)



Today: Date #2

So today I had a date with Tall, Dark and... Skinny. He was exactly as described. Really tall and REALLY skinny.



We went to the Cincinnati Art Museum, which is an awesome place. It was the first time I'd ever been there, and I definitely need to go back. We spent two hours wandering the various exhibits and trying to make converation. But in the hushed reverence of a museum is not the best place to make conversation, especially for the first time.



At one point, I saw him reach onto his belt for a little device. Yeah - he was wearing a pedometer. "This thing must not be working," he said. "It says I've only taken 245 steps!"



[Editor's Note: When I told my mom that, she laughed louder than I've heard in a while. I assumer you're joining her in laughter.]



At the end of the date, he asked me if I wanted to go eat. But the conversation, the chemistry just weren't there. So I declined. I mean, the kid is hugely nice and you can tell he is a total sweetheart, but if it's not poppin', it's not poppin'.



And seriously... a pedometer?! You may want to leave that at home the next time, fella.



Grade: D



Up Next: Dinner on Tuesday with Mr. Marvelous; Sushi with my girls Stephanie and Kristen on Wednesday; AMA YP meeting, followed by the first game in our summer sand volleyball league on Thursday.



Portions of this post are cross-posted at Cingle in the City.

7 comments:

  1. lol..I tried to where one when I was having sex one time to see if it would count the number of stokes...it didn't work and I guess that is besides the point...lol

    Sounds like a goodweekend overall:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a believer in poppin' too.
    (but, excuse me lauren, i'm sometimes totally inept. you went to a social function and had... cornhole? i'm not exactly sure what cornhole is, but i'm pretty sure its something bad. No?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had to google it. i seriously didn't know what cornhole was. it's a beanbag toss game. gaa. i feel stupid sometimes. you can erase my last post if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cornhole is sort of a regional game. I'm not sure I know anyone outside of the states of Ohio and Indiana - and maybe Kentucky - who actually play.

    I think it is derived from the fact that the beanbags are actually filled with corn, which you shooot at a hole in a board... "get the corn in the hole"... cornhole.

    There is a point system and everything. It is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhhh.. yeah... I had no idea what cornhole was either hahaha.

    I agree with you on the chemistry having to be there. If it's not there, then it just becomes painful to be around them. Better to just end it quickly than to prolong it.

    ReplyDelete