Pages

8.18.2008

Weekend Recap

So.... it was a busy weekend here in the 'Nati, with lots of good times to be had. The weekend started off right when I left work around 1:00 (yay, summer hours!!!) and headed over to my friend Anna's pool. She lives in a loft downtown and her pool is on the rooftop. We had a couple of beers, soaked up some sun and made plans to do the exact same thing this weekend... gotta love it.

After a couple of hours of sun and fun, I went home and prepped for my big bourbon tasting cocktail reception. It was a BLAST and guess what - bourbon isn't as gross as I expected it to be! Maybe because my only experience with bourbon has been a tentative sip of my mom's bourbon and water. Which IS gross!

After the bourbon I was supposed to meet my friends Dennis and Christy for drinks to celebrate Dennis' birthday. Unfortunately, they decided to stay in. Barback Boy texted saying he and his friends were down the road from where I live but by the time I got home an hour later, they had left so we didn't have the chance to meet up.

On Saturday, my friend Jenny had a super-fun backyard bash with Paul Otten, a local singer/songwriter who mostly just plays cover songs. The morning began with mimosas and quiche, then quickly turned to beer and flip cup. Afterwards, Anna and her boyfriend and I met up with friends Lauren and Adam, where more beer was consumed, plus some delicious burgers. Then it was home to take a quick nap/shower before heading over to Stephanie's house for more delicious beer and burgers. At that point, I'd been in the sun and drinking for nine hours, so I ended up exhausted and ready for bed by 10:00. I'm old.

Sunday was another gorgeous day, so of course I spent it outside. Barback Boy and I took in a Cincinnati Reds game and then did our own version of a pub crawl in Mt. Adams. We hit all the good, divey places - City View Tavern (thick, greasy half-pound burgers, approximately five tables and the best view of downtown you'll ever see); Monk's Tiny Cove (where the service is terrible but the drinks are cheap); Pavilion (another fantastic view of downtown); Crowley's (where I was the only girl); and then back to Monk's Tiny Cove where we met up with his brother, Brad, and Brad's girlfriend.... who, by the way, was doing recon for Mama. I like the brother and the brother's girlfriend and so I hope she reports back some good things to Mama. Also, I hope she doesn't share how tipsy I got.

I showed my hand a little, because I told Barback Boy that I am dating other people still but that he is at the top of my list. I really do like him, folks, and my affection for him grows each time we hang out together. In fact, I think we sort of made tentative plans for a trip to Chicago in September. To hang out with his cousins. Ay yi yi.

So now I'm home with a bit of a hangover and a severe allergy attack, debating a pizza and getting all distracted because I want Barback Boy to keep chasing me but I think I gave too much away! :(

5 comments:

  1. Wow, nice weekend. The single life, exciting and long gone for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice weekend. The single life, exciting and long gone for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you told Barback Boy how you felt about him. Sometimes, you have to show your hand a little to encourage them to get in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True - but on the other hand, telling a guy you're dating that you're also dating other guys might make him think you're not really interested in him at all and are just keeping him hanging while you have fun with others.

    Just speaking from experience. Of course in my case she really was just keeping me hanging...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wanna go really nuts. The next time you have bourbon, make sure you have some beans as well. They're an explosive combination!

    ReplyDelete