Pages

4.28.2009

OMG! OMG!

Pseudo-Boyfriend just called me at work. He saw my Facebook status ("Which is the bigger travesty: Falling down a flight of my apt stairs, getting my heel caught in a grate, or leaving my cell phone at home?") and wanted to know if I was okay. Now, he knew I'd left my cell phone at home. He could have called and left a voicemail. Or emailed me. Or left a message through Facebook. But he didn't -- he CALLED ME AT WORK!!! He also said that he'd had a dream about me last night, and between that and my fall, he thought he would "take this opportunity to call and check in." Score one for Lauren!

I had actually planned to call him today. I wanted to see if he had plans for the weekend, and whether he'd want to hang out on Friday. (To talk about our relationship and make the decision whether to break up, or whether to try to work things out.... though certainly that's not how I planned to get him to agree to hang out!!)

Anyway, since I had him on the phone, I asked him about whether he'd like to get together. He said that would probably work. Score two for Lauren!

Here's the thing: I have been preparing myself in my head and in my heart for him to say that he doesn't want to get back together. So even though he was obviously concerned for me today(Especially since the first words out of his mouth were not, "Hey, it's Boyfriend," but rather, "Are you okay?"), it doesn't necessarily mean that he's starting to thaw on the whole relationship front. It doesn't mean that Friday's conversation will go in the "let's stay together" direction instead of the "let's break up forever" direction. Score one for Pseudo-Boyfriend.

We'll see what happens on Friday, I guess. Regardless of what we decide, I know we'll reach a resolution that I can live with, and that's what it is important right now.

3 comments:

  1. He may not care in the way that you need him to, and it may not mean that you guys work it out, but this is a very good sign that he cares in his own way. I really hope you find a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck but I think he needs to make up his mind so you can move on if that is his decision.

    ReplyDelete