Pages

9.15.2006

Lazy Fridays

Friday afternoons are the best. I start my “end of the day” countdown right after lunch. I spend my afternoon cleaning up my office, planning out my work schedule for the next week and assigning projects to my company’s intern.

The best part of Friday is “beer Friday” – when the whole office stops what they are doing to grab a brew from the fridge and hang out in on the big comfy couches and chairs in our office’s little lounge area. It’s a time when we put aside our differences and our work and just enjoy a little social time.

We haven’t had “beer Friday” for a couple of weeks now. I have to admit, I really miss that time.

This weekend I’m in Cleveland visiting my friends from college. It’s my friend Angela’s wedding shower and joint bachelor/bachelorette party with her fiancé. They are great friends of mine and I can’t wait for this weekend to hurry up and get here! Only one more hour, then I’m off!

7 comments:

  1. We used to have "beer Fridays" at University. I loved those too! Sometimes we'd just resign, and stay in the cantina after lunch and just wait for it to become 4pm. That's when they started selling beer. Then we'd sit there for another two hours enjoying ourselves, and maybe hit the town after. Lazy days...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap i was this II close to coming to Cleveland this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beer fridays? How about "Beer Mondays' gopher style...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to work for your company

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beer Friday sounds like fun - and probably builds team more than the meetings you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's a competition goin on my blog - please come and help me! :)

    ReplyDelete