Pages

11.11.2005

My kind of town, Chicago is...

I'm going to Chicago, my favorite city in the world! But I'm going in January, so the lake winds and snow might take a little bit of the fun out of it. Still, I'm excited!

The reason that I'm going is because one of my clients is attending their biggest trade show of the year. Although I'm going for business, not just to visit, I'm still excited. Plus, everything is being taken care of by the client...food, accommodations, travel, etc...so the trip is free. Yay for expense accounts!

Here's the thing about that I love about Chicago: It has all of the appeal, culture, hustle and bustle of a huge city, but it has a friendly, Midwest vibe that makes it seem smaller than it really is. I love the smells of Chicago. I love taking the train in and out of the city, the crush of people as the doors slide open and everyone tries to get on, get off and get going at the same time. I love rush hour, strangely enough. I love Michigan Avenue. I love the high rise buildings. I love that you can find pretty much any cuisine that you want within a 10 block radius. I love that you can stop a stranger and ask for directions and they don't look at you like you are crazy! But I hate trying to find parking...that's a drawback.

Chicago is the only city that I have ever been able to picture myself living in, other than Dayton. And since Dayton is home, it doesn't really count as a place I want to live. If I could find a job in Chicago, I would move there in a heart beat. The dream lives on!

So, does anyone wanna go to Chicago with me January 22-25?

2 comments:

  1. I think its one of the best cities.....been to many times...enjoyed it......Yeah its little windy..but as cold as MN.....:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....I mean not as cold as in MN..

    ReplyDelete