Pages

5.05.2006

"Hyde" and go seek

This weekend is the BIG MOVE from Dayton to Cincinnati - specifically, to the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati. Think schi-schi, old money combined with young families and professionals. A dichotomy, to be sure. But it is very safe, the house is nice, the landlord is hot and lives above me (be still my heart) and it should be a good time.

I'm very excited about the move and will post pictures after everything is all set up. I've been painting select rooms all week and so far it looks great!

What I'm most excited about - and this is pathetic - is the fact that the digital cable/high speed internet provider is coming first thing on Saturday morning so I'll be all set up by later that night. That means finally being able to post from home, instead of composing at home and typing in at work. Hooray!

14 comments:

  1. Oh I TOTALLY get the excitment over high speed internet provider!! It's changed my life too..

    I wish I was the one moving..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope that your move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we need pictures.
    well by we i mean me, as i am like super jealous that you live in America and i live in dull ol' England

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my internet hooked up at my new apartment before i had furniture. just me, my laptop and my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh - and btw - My participation in the letter-list-thing is up on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have nice sunny weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wadup Lauren......

    Congrats and enjoy on your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like the new place is going to be awesome. Happy moving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck moving and enjoy max dsl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I'm excited too. I'm moving in August too to a new city. My apartment is reserved, a one bedroom, and now I'm just shopping around for furniture. High speed internet and cable tv is all you need. Huh. Have fun! I hope I have hot people living around me too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, at least you're excited about your move! Yay!! And I totally know what you mean about being excited about high speed internet. It's like who can really live without it now?! HAHAHA

    And the cute landlord is definitely a plus! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a busy life and what a lot of positive transitions. Good luck in your new place Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the day is going well Lauren...

    ReplyDelete