Pages

5.02.2006

"R" you ready?

All the cool kids are doing it, so I jumped on the bandwagon and signed up. Basically, I was assigned a letter by the lovely DawnMarie. I have to write things that I like that start with the letter. Then, if other people want to participate, I have to assign them a letter, and the cycle continues. Get it? Rachel, Carly, and Dawn all gave their 2 cents. And now it is my turn to chip in.

So without further ado, I give you the letter "R".

Rachel - I must give e-props to the girl who started this whole thing. Also, Rachel was my favorite character on Friends.

Ravioli - Pasta stuffed with cheese. Or meat and cheese. Or vegetables and cheese. Or sometimes potatoes and cheese (although that is technically called a pierogi...)

Red - One of my favorite colors, and also the color of my new couch. Red is fiesty and passionate and ALIVE!

Romance - I refuse to believe romance is dead, and although I hate really mushy, overly-romantic gestures, I do love being romanced in small, simple ways. Like buying me flowers for no reason. Or doing my laundry.

Roses - Yellow ones. I like the way they smell.

Reading - I LOVE to read. It doesn't matter what the genre is, as long as it has words and pages I'll give it a try. I like to be recommended different books and I like to swap back and forth. Which brings me to another topic, the Virtual Book Club... this is an idea inspired by Carly and her love affair with the written word. Check it out.

Riviera - The French Riviera, that is. I've been there once, to Nice for two days and Monaco for one. The water was so blue and endless! And I witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen while I was there.

Rolling on the floor laughing - C'mon, who doesn't love a good belly laugh every day? Laughter is vital to my existence.

Rutabagas - Okay, I actually don't like rutabagas all that much. For those of you not familiar with the vegetable, it is a root vegetable similar to a turnip but it is yellow and has a consistency more like squash when cooked and mashed up. And although I don't like rutabagas, we have them every year at Thanksgiving. It is a tradition that comes from my mom's side of the family. And Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. So thinking about rutabagas makes me think of my family and that makes me happy.

Which leads me to relatives - I love mine. Every last, nutty one.

Rectangles - I really like geometric patterns and would love to experiment with painting different-sized rectangles all over the walls of my apartment. I know, that one is kind of a stretch, but bear with me here! This is harder that it looks!

Rudolph - Think about it, no Rudolph has ever given up. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer? Check. Rudy from that movie Rudy? Check. Rudy Giuliani? Check.

Anyone wanna play? Since most of you read the same blogs as I do, I'm guessing the pool of applicants will be small, but I'm putting it out there anyway! Let me know and I'll assign you a letter.

10 comments:

  1. ooooooo assign me as i have nothing better to do. unless watching X-Files is something.

    ....pick a letter, any letter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, lauren, the things we have in common...

    i spent two weeks in nice for orientation and we spent a day in monaco as well.

    g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s

    ReplyDelete
  3. raspberries, ringling brothers circus, raspy voices, raves, rabbits, oh my! i liked reading this :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. And RAIN! I forgot RAIN!

    Rasp-barrie: The letter "J"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to play...and i would add a few to your R list-Railways,Riding a horse, Russia, Rainbow ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abhay, you get the letter: S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!

    I posted something for you just now on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. has conplied and done his duty to god and yadda yadda yadda

    ReplyDelete
  9. How does this game work? I wanna try it.

    ReplyDelete