Pages

10.20.2005

Hi, I'm a stranger. Can I touch your baby?

Allison's last night in town was last night, so to celebrate (read: mourn) her move to Columbus, we went to the Oregon District for dinner and drinks. Our Constantine "the camera loves my sexy, pouty look" Maroulis look-alike waiter spent more time checking himself out (read: fixing his hair) than serving, but it was fine.

Then later, when we were walking down Fifth Street en route to the Trolley Stop, I said the most inappropriate thing I have ever said. "Hi, I'm a stranger. Can I touch your baby?"

In my defense, it wasn't supposed to come out like that. There was this DARLING baby, being held by his mommy, just sitting there checkin' things out. He had on this little brown courderoy jacket and one of those little caps with the bill and the ear flaps. And he had all this dark, curly hair and these big brown eyes and he was just so cute that I had to stop and look at him. And when he reached out his hand (presumably to give me a high five), that was the point at which the most inappropriate thing I have ever said tumbled out of my mouth. "Hi, I'm a stranger. Can I touch your baby?"

Sheesh....

2 comments:

  1. Dont worry. when/if i have babies, i would be proud if you asked to touch them. All babies should be so lucky!


    *miss you*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, thanks Allison. I would be happy to return the favor and let you touch babies of my own.

    And I miss you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete