Pages

10.17.2005

I must be crazy

I must be crazy. I just turned down the job in Cincinnati. A job that offered me more money in a better run, larger company. A job that opened up new possibilities and opportunities. A job that had more pros than cons. And I turned it down?!

I've decided that here is where I really want to be right now. The position was to promote the agency, a job that I would be very good at, but not completely satisfied with. It wasn't until I went through the interview process that I realized that the client experience and the account management experience is really what I want. And when she asked me whether my decision would change if there was an opening the PR Department, my answer was basically no, not at this time. I guess I kind of like living in Dayton.

The lady who would have been my boss gave me this piece of advice: Keep in mind whether you are really ready to make a move when you are going through the interview process. It is an investment in time for both you and the company. It made me feel sort of bad for a minute, like she was chastising me for going through the process and then making the decision that I did. But right now, at this point in time, it is absolutely the right decision. And I'm not going to feel bad about it. It is just business.

So I guess it is back to work at the job that I am keeping. I hope I'm not kicking myself in six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment