Pages

12.30.2005

The top 5 New Year's resolutions that I intend to keep (and a few that I probably won't)

Every year, I make New Year's resolutions that I know I'll never keep. But I thought that this year, I would focus my resolutions on the things that are important to me. It will be interesting to compare my success with my goals at the end of next year. So without further ado, I give you the self-improvement resolutions for 2006:

1) Listen more, talk less

2) Do more things that scare me

3) Change the things that I don't like about myself; accept the things I cannot change; become a better friend, sister and daughter in the process

4) Learn about the things that interest me

5) Strive to improve myself through the arts, literature and conversations with strangers

And now, the resolutions that are rolling over from last year that I doubt very much I'll keep (but might make some progress on):

1) Lose that 10 pounds I've gained since college

2) Drink less (applicable to both Coca Cola products and alcohol)

3) Clean up my language

4) Resist the temptation of recycling old boyfriends

7 comments:

  1. Hey babe! Thanks for visiting my blog. I responded to your comment (on mine as well (check it out)). I like what you have to offer here. I'd like to become regulars on each others. I think we can challenge each other to think a bit more.

    enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One has to wonder about carry-over resolutions! Good luck with the big five this year.

    Interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *lol*
    Had to laugh when reading the very last resolution. I never had this temptation! been there, done them.. ;) They were an important part of my life, but not any more.

    Like the first five resolutions, though! especially the second one. Maybe I should include that to my own list??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stephen!

    Gary - Yeah, if my resolutions are carry-overs, I should probably resolve not to make them anymore. Hope springs eternal.

    Nerdine - I "recycle" old boyfriends because they are comfortable and safe for me, unfortunately. You would think that knowing that about myself would prevent me from doing it in the first place. Alas, that is not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wad up Lauren!!!!Happy New Year to U....Yeah the last one is good one...if U can keep it....I do sometimes recycle my oldies, but they know its over....

    Scare; try deep sea-diving....it feels like your head is exploding....plus you wouldn't hear for two days....will never do it again.

    I agree with your comment thankz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deep sea diving definitely scares me! Though I love to swim, I hate the thought of going too deep and running out of air. Maybe I should look into some classes at my local rec center.

    My oldies always know its over, too. Sometimes, a girl has just gotta get laid. More on that in a post to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on thsi year's resolutions. Stick to em sweets, good luck

    ReplyDelete