Pages

9.10.2008

Insomnia

I have had a particularly vicious case of insomnia this week. It's not an overly important or stressful week at work, so maybe I'm not as exhausted as I am used to being. Maybe my body has gotten so used to the fast pace I've been keeping all summer that having a "downtime" week is throwing it off. Either way, this is the third night in a row where I've laid in bed, my mind unable to stop moving, my body refusing to relax and my eyes feeling increasingly like sand paper.

I hate this.

Ugh.

5 comments:

  1. creepy! i totally just got out of bed because i am unable to to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks, try this. Just start counting to yourself, seriouosly, just keep counting and eventually your mind will wander and drift off. It usually works...

    Good luck, 3 nice stiff drinks in the sapn of an hour also works ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you nervous about our up coming wedding? Don't be I have it all worked out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you and Brian are intending to marry, I can see why you might have trouble sleeping. Don't worry. You'll have his warm embrace (and much more!) to enjoy for the rest of your life soon enough. If this persists, however, please look into getting yourself a body pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, totally weird!

    Rocket, I had four (FOUR!!) glasses of red wine last night. You'd think....

    Brian, that must be it. Maybe you could share your plans for our nuptials?

    Thomas, so true. Maybe I can paste a pic of Brian to the front of it and it will be all good.

    ReplyDelete