Pages

9.15.2008

Oh, the destruction!

Yesterday, 50-mph winds ripped through Cincinnati, causing all kind of destruction throughout the city and its suburbs. My apartment was the victim of a power outage that resulted from approximately eleventy billion trees that fell down onto power lines.

One particularly huge tree fell in the front yard of my apartment building, but luckily it didn't hit anyone's apartment and no one appeared to be hurt. I'll try to post pictures of it if it is still in the front yard when I get home from work. The windows in my sunroom were blown open but that was about it.

Power was restored to my apartment shortly after midnight. A mile away, power came on around 2:30 a.m. A mile and a half away, they are still without power. Weird, huh?

Anyway, that's all for now. Pictures if I can get them later!

4 comments:

  1. I saw highlights yesterday of the Bengals game, so was aware you guys were having issues there. Good to hear that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza, yeah. i just saw them too. windy, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's the remnants of Ike. Hurrican in Ohio - oi!

    ReplyDelete