Pages

1.23.2006

Damn, it's COLD

Why do I want to move here again? It is cold as shit outside! But so far, a successful trip...

The flight up here was a little crazy. Mostly because we had a really long delay and then all of a sudden had to board and take off in 12 minutes. The pilots did a great job of getting us into the air and to Chicago quickly...although I did overhear that he was trying to adjust to commercial flying after several years as a Navy pilot. That could explain the sharp turns/acceleration on the runway and the crashing-into-the-seat-in-front-of-you stop when we landed.

Sunday I went to this huge event that my client has each year for its customers. There were almost 700 people there. We all got bussed over to Soldier Field. Good food. Former Chicago Bears players. Open bar. Stadium tours. Open bar.

Today we held a satellite media tour from the booth. For those of you that don't know, a satellite media tour basically connects any TV station that signs up to a live interview via satellite. So we had a bunch of TV stations that signed up to get footage and an interview with an energy efficiency expert. Each station got its own unique segment. It was the first one I've ever gotten to see, so that was cool. Except that I had to be there at 7:00 am and didn't end my day until 6:30. So it was a long day spent on my feet.

And then there was the cab ride to dinner with my friend Emily. I'm fairly certain that the cab driver was intentionally trying to kill me. We took some turns at a crazy pace. And if there was a light three blocks down that turned yellow, he sure as hell sped up to try to make it. And there was the muttering in some language that most certainly was NOT English. But there was soothing classical music on the radio station...probably to calm the heart rates of the passengers!

But I DID get to see my friend Emily, who is going to send me some info on agencies in Chicago for me to start researching. We had a really good dinner downtown and got all caught up on each other's life.

The cab ride home was far less eventful. Nice. But eventful or not, I love cab rides, because I never get to ride in a cab. It's the little pleasures, people! Don't roll your eyes because I get excited to hail a cab!!! I live in Dayton. We have to call a cab company and then wait an hour to get service.

So I'm about to PASS OUT from exhaustion and tomorrow is sure to be another crazy and busy day. To all my blog homies that I haven't talked to in a while, I'll be visiting your sites soon so bear with me!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a wonderful trip. Cabbies in big cities are usually crazy and cannot speak English, but that is a part of the big city experience, I think.

    Let us know what happens with your dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chicago! I pretty much grew up there and have quite the soft spot in my heart for it. The nightlife there is wonderful. To me, Chicago is quite like New York, except cleaner! I'm sure a lot of New Yorkers would kill me for saying so, but hey, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your doing great.......Yeah its cold, but no city like Chicago...

    ReplyDelete