Pages

1.14.2006

I'm BACK, bitches!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Lauren insert-last-name-here is back. Back in top form. I have to provide some background, in a series of proof points I intend to support the phrase, "Back to the fact, I'm the Mack and I know that."

ITEM: On Wednesday I got asked out by "Mafia Boy", a wholesome looking "Growing Up Gotti" wannabe - slicked back hair, leather jacket. After talking with him, I learned that looks are deceiving. He still isn't my type, but I took his number with the promise to call.

ITEM: Also on Wednesday, I fell in crush. I'll call him "Trapshoot Guy". His sense of humor is easily the sexiest thing about him and what I am most attracted to. He also isn't my type, but I find myself strangely attracted to the lip ring becuase it fits him. And he is SHY! I adore shy, even though it means that I have to usually make the first move. But he took my number (and called me soon after just to make sure I got his). Such a crush!

ITEM: Today I got a call from a "Zulu Warrior." All ebony skin and exotic eyes. He asked me on my first official date since Andy. We ate at one of my favorite restaurants. He bought wine. He is interesting and funny and well-rounded and well-educated. And SLICK. Too slick for me.

ITEM: Tomorrow night I'm meeting friends from work to go see the amazing band Shrug, where I'm sure to meet "The Producer." At Shrug's first show this winter, "The Producer" asked our mutual friend Eric to introduce us...but alas, it was time to go prepare for the show and I left before they were done performing. But he asked Eric to keep an eye out for me at the next show and officially introduce us. No word yet on whether he'll actually be there tomorrow, but all signs point to yes.

Four men and one crush. And so you can conclusively see that I'm back to pre-stalker, pre-Andy single girl form.

Only two things can bring me (slightly) down from the "I'm back in the single life" post-date giddiness. An unexpected apology from Andy for being a jerk about the whole Nutcracker thing, because seeing a message from his screen name still gives me that little pinch around my heart. And a call from Mr. Big (the first love and high school sweetheart detailed in the post below...), because seeing his name in my caller ID still gives me butterflies 8 years later.

But I'm not letting it get to me. After all, four men and one crush. Yep, I'm back.

6 comments:

  1. You're on a roll! Choose wisely - think of this as a menu in a fine restaurant, rather than a buffet. (Advice from Uncle Gary.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm baby, I guess you kick ass - saw your response at Gary's - came her to see what your all about ... give me a bit time to read through (most) of your posts.
    Cheers Zee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it me or Curious1 that is the "Zulu Warrior"? LOL you are hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary - buffets usually aren't what they're cracked up to be, but a wide range of choices is always appreciated (as is advice from Uncle Gary!)

    Zee - Hello and welcome. There aren't that many to read throught ( as compared to some blogs...)

    Stephen - HA! Nice new username, by the way...

    AND I actually did "break up" with Mr. Big on Saturday night...right before I made out with a coworker. I broke the cardinal professional rule (about shitting where you eat). But I was glad to tell Mr. Big that I don't want to talk to him anymore because all he does is hurt me and make me sad. So THERE! Empowered Lauren is kicking ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Thanks for visiting my site. And if you are interested, send the Zulu Warrior my way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by my blog. i really like yours.

    wow sounds like you've had quite a week. as the saying goes, when a door closes, a window opens.

    ReplyDelete