Pages

3.09.2006

Big Day! Big Day!

Tomorrow is a big day. Tomorrow, I plan to:

- Interview at a really good PR agency in downtown Cincinnati (they do PR for IHOP!!! That is International House Of Pancakes for the acronym-impaired. I could be pushin' pancakes! This makes me happy, for I dearly love pancakes.)
- Go to Rebecca's house to get cute
- Go out to dinner in downtown Cincy with Rebecca before meeting Jen for the Michael Buble concert.

This is important for a few reasons. 1) Because it will be my first packed-full day since my surgery. 2) Because I heart Michael Buble and 3) Because Rebecca is one of my Favorite People.

I had a phone interview today with a company in Cleveland. It went really well. They want to bring me in for an in-person interview. I am not sure I necessarily want to move to Cleveland. But then I wonder what is stopping me? Why do I have to move just to a place where I want to move? Why can't I move somewhere that I've never pictured myself? I could have fun! So we'll see. They have a meeting on Monday to decide next steps, but I'm pretty sure they'll be calling me next week to see about my availability.

So for those of you who are counting, that is three interviews in one week. Good record.

Upwards and onwards, folks!

(PS - It is a good day today. Can you tell? Plus, I saw "Walk The Line" and even though it was a really loooooooong movie, it was pretty good.)

12 comments:

  1. ooh - exciting! good luck on the job interviews!!
    I've been to three job interviews in my life, and I got two of them... BTW - I never had a interview for my current job..

    I wish I could join you at the concert - I like Buble too. Discovered him two-three weeks ago and downloaded lots of his songs. Listening to them right now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you already tell us why you are looking for a new job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. My oldest (a teenager as of yesterday) likes Buble too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lauren!

    Thanks for stumbling on over to my blog and making yourself known. It's always nice to see a fresh new face! I intend to do a little research on you by reading more of your blog, but time is at a premium these days. I promise I'll be back. And I hope you'll visit me again sometime too!

    And by the way, Bublé grew up just a stone's throw from where I live and even went to school with a few guys I know. Hope you had fun at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ack, michael buble'. this guy is everwhere. *sigh*

    i hope your interviews went/go well! I'm back from Chicago and it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a big day! I am sure you did well on your interview, and I wish you all the luck in the world! It certainly feels good to be out there interviewing, but it feels even better when you get the job! I'll be crossing all my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dawn - get with the program. bublé is the next big thing. he's cool, he's hot, he's canadian. man's got it all.

    lauren - i am soooooo jealous. you must share details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, I finally watched Walk the Line also... it was sooo good! Joaquin and Reese were awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope your day goes well :). i love pancakes as well. and michael buble!! sooo talented. good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG....If you get the job at IHOP I may have to bust out a proposal..lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the fine comments, everyone. The interview went well, the concert was awesome and details will follow!

    ReplyDelete