Pages

3.02.2006

Tired

*** Editor's Note: I wrote this on less than 2 hours sleep, so the overall tone of this post is pretty cranky. I considered telling you, my dear dear readers, not to make any comments at all, because they would probably just piss me off. Then I considered that not hearing your feedback would probably just piss me off, too. So consider yourelf forewarned as to the paradoxical nature of this post, as I'm a tempermental and fickle creature these day. ***

I'm just so damn tired.
I'm tired of...
... being so damn tired
... not being able to sleep at night
... not ever being left alone
... not wanting to be left alone
... not being able to do anything
... my body betraying me
... being constantly, overwhelmingly in pain
... the fact that every movement leaves me shaking
... being cranky
... my false cheerfulness
... the cheerfulness of others
... being told that "everything will be fine"
... being told what to do
... healing
... wanting this to be over
... wishing it had never happened
... crying
... spending so much time on the couch
... complaining
... feeling sorry for myself
... having others feel sorry for me
... taking it "one day at a time"
I'm just so damn tired.

12 comments:

  1. I can so sympathize with you, dear Lauren. I have long periods of time in my life when I feel exactly as you do here. It is truly exhausting feeling this way, and sometimes there just feels like there is no relief.

    ((((HUGS)))) is just about all I can offer you, my dear, and that I shall be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: Ambien

    Brian, or your doctor can hook you up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nova - I know you feel me here! And HUGS back to you! I know things are rough for you, too, so thanks for the sympathy!

    Granny - Can you imagine if I had kids or something?! Sheesh!

    Rocket - Fine idea... although medication scares me a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, "me cranky" these days as well! But on that day when you can sleep again and feel cheerful, please post an "anti-cranky" slur!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saying hi......

    Hope today is much better than yesterday......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren,

    First of all thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    2nd of all I feel like you described my state of feeling on your blog.

    Stay strong sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm at loss of words here, but I can send you a virtual (((hug))) and a BIG smile :D
    And hope you'll feel a bit better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it helps your healing to be pissed off at me - go for it! I feel for you and know that your strong spirit will prevail as your body catches up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zee - I'm sure a more positive post is in the near future!

    Dem - Thanks. I was pretty cranky when I wrote that post, today is a much better day!

    NTG - First, you're welcome. Thanks for returning the favor.

    Nerdine - Thanks for the hug! Also, I'll have a post dedicated to you soon...it has to do with Princess Diana!!!!

    Gary - Fat chance that I'd be pissed at you! But I'll keep that in mind if I need to blame someone or something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i understand where you're coming from, maybe not exactly, but in principle, yes. hope you feel better. keep trucking :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're just old. That's what happens when you get to 25... You know, 25 is almost 50, and 50 is almost 100, soooooo we're almost 100. We're OLD!
    It won't get better, taking it one day at a time won't improve anything, it's all downhill from here.
    Hehe... love you babe.

    ReplyDelete