Pages

3.21.2006

Playing catch up

Wow, has it really been this long since I've written? Jeez! I guess I could use the excuse that I've been really busy. Here's a quick synopsis:

1) Went back to work full time following my surgery. It wore me the hell out.

2) Went to Cleveland for St. Patrick's Day and a job interview and stayed with my FABULOUS friends Bob and Stacie. They are two of my Favorite People, since we went to college together. I heart them very much. This is my officially shout out, Bobba! :) I had a great time, and the company was pretty cool because they agreed to meet with me on a Saturday.

3) Went out on Saturday. Drama sort of ensued. There is this guy who is friends with an ex. He's hit on me multiple times, but nothing has ever happened because I will not let it. I mean, he's friends with an ex, like I'd ever go there. Is he attractive? Yes. Do I flirt with him? Hell yes. (This might be a mistake - maybe I should stop being such a flirt.) But am I attracted to him? No. And do I want to sleep with him? Hell no.

Well, on Saturday night he and my ex apparently had a conversation to the effect that he wants to hook up with me. Oops - he made the #1 mistake of assuming that because he wants to sleep with me, his feelings are automatically returned. Never assume to know what I'm thinking. Jeez, the ex could have told him that! Regardless, the ex appears to be okay with this situation. Um, hello? Isn't that against The Code?

It really is as simple as the fact that I have too much integrity and too much class and too much respect for my previous relationship and too much respect for my ex in general to ever consider hooking up with one of his friends - not to mention absolutely no desire to do it. And it hurts me that he thinks that I would. And it hurts me that he'd just be okay with it.

So maybe that is why I had ex sex on Saturday night?! Those of you who have been with me a while can just shut it - I know what you're thinking and I don't care. It was sooooo good.

4) Got a job offer from the #2 choice. Heard from the #1 choice I'm still being considered. Expecting the #3 choice to call me this week, too. By the way, Brian, the #2 choice is the one that does PR for IHOP. Get that proposal ready. ;)

5) Almost completely lost my voice. Got a flat tire. In the snow and slush and 3 inch heels. Ick.

So that's the 5 minute update on my life!

6 comments:

  1. Hi there lauren!!
    We are so glad you had fun and loved having you here, make sure you come back soon and keep us updated on the job situation!! Bobba is quite happy with the shout out~~he feels very important :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ex-sex can be good because you have that comfortableness, but it can also open up previously healed emotional wounds.

    I don't know the history, so maybe it's totally fine, but I would not recommend it.

    But hell, it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Sometimes you just have to say, "What the fuck." right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet:) When do I move...lol

    Yes there is a code at least for me no hooking up with any of my inner circles ex's even if it is way after the fact....ex's and family of friends is just off limits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, lauren's back! sounds like you had an exciting weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stace - He IS important! And I'll definitely keep you in the loop, but I'm thinking I'll be making the move to Cincinnati. You guys will have to come and visit me the next time around!!!

    Rocket - Ex sex is also good because you know all the buttons to push and how to make that person feel good. Wounds, schmounds - I had fun and that is all that matters. The wounds have healed.

    Brian - Hmmm, how does next month sound?! Both guys and girls have a code, which is why I was so surprised when my ex was okay with me hooking up with his friend? Which, in the girl world, makes me question, "Is he okay with it because he's okay with it? Is he just saying he's okay with it because he is trying to be the bigger person? Is he okay with it because he knows I would't give this guy the time of day?" It sucks to be a girl, we're so over analytical.

    Dawn - It WAS exciting! And yes, I'm back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. EX sex..I should start counting some fingers...lol

    I'm not a big fan of inner circle thing too...good for U.

    Good to hear you having fun...

    ReplyDelete