Pages

4.17.2006

Job update

So the "first day of school" feeling passed. My first day of work was great. The people are nice, I think the work will be fun and I'm really confident that I made the right decision here. Plus, I got all new office supplies and stuff like that - I love new office products.

I got "promoted" on my first day here. My boss said he couldn't in good conscience make me an Account Executive when he is getting ready to promote several Assistant Account Execs to that level, not when I have so much more experience than these people who have been out of school for a year or less. So now I'm a Senior Account Executive. This is crazy, I'm freaking out. I have a lot of experience for being so young, but SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE?! I'm not sure if I'm qualified for that. However, that title certainly puts me on the path of being a low-level Vice President by the time I'm 30... so I'll take it.

I should have asked him if I get more money. Damn.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting busy (HA HA!) really soon. This of course was a slower day because I don't have any projects. But I already have two client meetings scheduled for later in the week, so hopefully the week will pick up a little bit.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like an awesome first day! Let us know if your pay scale increases along with the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't ask for much better than that! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great. Congratulations on surviving your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll say that's surviving!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awesome first day. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't go much better than that, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! congrats! i'm glad things went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, yes, the "first day of school" feeling... I experienced that too when I first started my job here on April 3. It's such a crappy feeling, isn't it? But once passed, it feels great and like you accomplished something.

    Wow, a promotion on the first day! You really can't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - senior at the age of what- 25? I'm impressed! Ok - so next week you'll be vice president at the firm?

    Here it's an automatic salary increase with such a promotion..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ms Senior Account Executive - you can do whatever you choose to and I suspect you will. A smart boss will keep you around.

    Enjoy those office products too!

    Other advice: observe things carefully when you have the new eyes - some will be useful to share when appropriate and some will be private thoughts - to help you navigate the new culture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome first day.....Well done....

    Enjoy the week....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! that's a great first day. Congrats! Really, who doesn't love new office supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  13. do yo ukno whow hard those word verification bastardss are when you're drunkened? verry harhard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lauren, i'm sorry for the drunken comments :shame: but word verification is hard. I'm going to start making up meanings for the "words" i have to type in.

    dagbv = another word for dogbreath

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Congradulations. It looks like your movin' on up like The Jeffersons. ha ha. But keep with it. I'm confident you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete