Pages

4.13.2006

Okay

Although this blog didn't and won't necessarily become a political one, I did like this quote that a friend of mine has in his IM profile. Also, I'm a big *buzzed* and wanted to do a drunk post and at the moment this is as close as it gets:


"In November 2000, the United States held a presidential election, and nobody knew who won, so we just kind of made up an outcome and tried to act like that was normal. Less than a year later, airplanes flew into office buildings, and everybody cried for two months. And then Enron went bankrupt, and the U.S. started acting like a rogue state, and "The Simple Life" premiered, and gasoline became unaffordable, and our Olympic basketball team lost to Puerto Rico, and we reelected the same president we never really elected in the first place. Later, there would be some especially devastating hurricanes and three Oscars for an especially bad movie called "Crash."Things, as they say, have been better."-Chuck Klosterman

Okay, well I liked "Crash" and I think "The Simple Life" is funny because they really are THAT DUMB in real life. Other than that, yea, I pretty much agree.

13 comments:

  1. crash was an amazing movie. maybe i'm lame, but i found it to be somewhat moving.

    but yeah, the other stuff? spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen Crash yet or The Simple Life but everything else?

    Exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny, you should definitely see it. It can be a little intense at times, but is a really good look at race relations and stereotypes in the US. Like Sayrah, I found it moving - in fact, I watched it twice in a row, back to back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was not nearly drunk enough. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crash was good. Spot on the rest......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Crash. I also love Chuck Klosterman books. It disappointed me that he'd slag the film like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never saw Crash. I'm not sure you were drunk enough here. I think you'd better try again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haven't seen "the Simple life" but have read some about the two girls (I know Paris' Norwegian relatives), and am totally amazed that it is possible to be that dumb... but then - you do have a president that make the two girls look pretty smart...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where is America?
    And what is it for?
    Future historians
    Will need to know.

    The decline of nations
    Must be recorded accurately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter Lauren.....

    Now is time to work to get these Rebucks off the senate/house, and impeach Bush. We have job to do...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that I think of it, we probably didn't elect him the second time either.

    Ohio is very iffy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. Yeah, I agree with everything. And I though Crash was a pretty good movie even though I only saw it once. And that sucks that our Olympic team lost to Puerto Rico. I miss the good ol' days with Michael Jordan, Magic, and Larry Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I loved Crash. That said, it's time to wake up and elect someone with brains and integrity in 2008 (and someone who won't piss off every nation beyond America, while bankrupting your lovely country at the rate of $400 billion a year (450 this year).

    Now to find that other candidate!

    ReplyDelete