Pages

4.02.2006

Let the packing begin!

I found it! I found it! I found it I found it I found it!!!!

And by "it", I mean an apartment. AKA a place to live when I relocate to Cincinnati in two weeks.

Here's how I found it: My best friend Rebecca's mom is dating a guy named Mike. Mike's son Greg just signed a lease with his friend Matt. Matt just bought a two-family home in Hyde Park, a suburb about 10 minutes north of downtown Cincinnati. It's a smattering between old money and young professionals. Bars, shops, restaurants and a mall 5 minutes away. So, perfect, right?

Anyway, Matt wanted to rent out the first floor apartment of this two-family home. And when Rebecca told Greg that I was moving to Cincinnati and looking for places in Hyde Park, he offered up the afore-mentioned apartment.

So I looked at it this weekend, and it is PERFECT. Okay, well, the closet space sucks. And the bedroom is a little small. But the kitchen is NEW, the living room and office are HUGE, the place has CHARACTER and it is perfect for me. Plus, it is within my price range, Matt's giving me the first month free and a minimal security deposit AND I'll have two guys that I can trust (one of which is my landlord) living above me to help me out if I get into any trouble. I think this is called kismet. Or serendipity. Or just plain good luck.

I can't move in until the first weekend of May, because Matt doesn't take ownership of the house until May 1. But I can use that week to clean and paint and figure out where my (currently nonexistant) furniture will go.

Speaking of which, I have a couch picked out, a duvet cover picked out and a bedroom set picked out. I just have to have a firm delivery date in mind and then I can actually BUY all of this furniture. I need a kitchen table and chairs, but I found some at IKEA that are cute and workable. So, really, I just need paint colors and to actually purchase the furniture and I'm good to go.

Things are happening, people! Let the packing begin!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! I feel like an adult!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It sounds like you found an awesome place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay congrats! welcome to the big kid's world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Just further proof that when things are meant to happen, they happen. Congratulations Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new place.

    Added benefit: If you don't fancy either of the two guys, they most likely have frineds...

    Great way to start a new chapter in a different city.

    ReplyDelete